Whoa boy. This has some tantalizing info that just might make you hungry.
If you’re a freak.
I hope you read this…for your own good.
- L-cysteine- used in many types of bread, this amino acid is made from either human hair or duck feathers. Or both. Quack quack?
- Titanium dioxide- used to whiten sunscreen, skim milk (turns blue when fat is removed), salad dressing and creamers.
- Azodicarbonamide- get ready for this one. This awesomely cool chemical is used inYoga mats…andhamburger buns. It basically bleaches flour. And rubber. Yum!
- Shellac- secretions from a bug native to Thailand and India. It gives jelly beans their “shiny” coating. Actually almost every hard candy that’s shiny is made with this stuff.
- Cellulose- basically this is derived from wood pulp. Not as bad as some of the others, but weird and wild none the less. It’s used to prevent certain foods from thickening up, such as milk, cheese, salad dressing, and some meat.
- Castoreum- an extract from beaver glands near the anus. This is used in different types of foods. It is always defined as “natural flavoring”. It’s a little ambiguous as to which foods exactly contain it, but it’s around. Ice cream seems to have it, especially the vanilla and raspberry flavors.
- Ammonia- used to kill germs in beef.
- Sodium Benzoate- used as a preservative in food, this bad boy has been linked to hyperactivity in kids. It also produces the tingling sensation when you drink a Coke.
- Carmine- boiled bugs. (my favorite) This is used as a food coloring agent in lots of things like ice cream, Skittles, Good n’ Plenty, lemonade, and grapefruit juice.
- Propylene glycol- not only is this used in anti-freeze as a lubricant, it is also used in sodas, salad dressing and beer.
- Lanolin- this one really got me. Used in gum, this ingredient is derived from sheep’s wool excretions. UGH.
Well I’m hungry now. I can’t wait to eat my next meal of insect jelly beans, duck feather bread and ammonia beef.
Oh, and my breath has to smell good so I gotta top it off with sheep excretion gum.
Anyone wanna join in?